Friday, March 6, 2015

Author Interview Series: Writers’ Quirks Featuring J.C. Hulsey

Today on Writers' Quirks I'm interviewing J.C. Hulsey, author of the Traveler series. 

Thanks for joining us, J.C. What are you currently working on? 
I have several in the works. I just finished Trudy. I’m in the process of finishing Shortland. I also have #10 of the Traveler series in the back of my mind.

Now for some quirky questions...

Have you ever fallen in love with one of your characters?
Only one love in my life. My wife of 55 years.

Wow! Congratulations!

What is the best place for dreaming up your storylines?
In bed – 3 AM I can’t nail any one place down. I carry my Kindle with me everywhere and make notes in it.

What is your favorite snack while writing?
Peanut Butter crackers

How do you feel about pen names?
If someone writes something they’re ashamed of then by all means have a pen name.

What is the most not-true-to-self writing or marketing idea you’ve considered (or done!)?  
I’ve tried to engage all the social media sites. I’ve considered BookBub promo, but can’t justify the cost in my head or pocketbook.

How are your books different than the millions of other books?
In all my years of reading, I can’t remember ever reading about a Christian gunfighter.

What one question has no one asked you about your book/character/writing life that you wish they would?
I wish someone would ask a question, any question. Maybe “Why a Christian gunfighter?

So, why a Christian gunfighter?
Because no one has ever written about a Christian gunfighter.

Where would you like people to connect with you online?
My Facebook page or my website.

Thanks for stopping by J.C.!

J.C.'s latest release, Trudy, is now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment