Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Author Interview Series: Writers’ Quirks Featuring Sophie Ann Russell

Today on Writers' Quirks I'm interviewing author Sophie Ann Russell. 

Thanks for joining me, Sophie. What's your latest project?
The Story of Jason Griffin – Book I: Tales of the Two Servants 

I have a few quirky questions for you, so let's jump right in.

Have you ever fallen in love with one of your characters?
I have, and they are someone very bad. Very bad indeed. But because of the amount of depth they have to them as a character, I couldn’t help but fall totally head over heels in love with them. I probably shouldn’t be admitting to this.


What is the best place for dreaming up your storylines? 
Anywhere, even while asleep I can “dream” them up.

Yeah, me too. What is your favorite snack while writing?
A cup of tea (never fails) and chocolate. If I have pizza after the writing then that’s the best reward and incentive ever.

How do you feel about pen names?
Can be useful when and if you write more books. Or if you wish to remain anonymous as a writer. Sometimes a good pen-name can give you a cloak of invisibility to protect you from the world. You can become a secret agent as well as a writer!

What is the most not-true-to-self writing or marketing idea you’ve considered (or done!)? 
I’ve tried to get publisher’s and agent’s attention by submitting other short stories but which I were not as proud about as The Story of Jason Griffin.

How are your books different than the millions of other books?
They’ve got layers of meaning! They could change the way that people view life and extend their imaginations to beyond the usual boundaries.

What one question has no one asked you about your book/character/writing life that you wish they would?
Are you a natural-born-writer and were you a real bookworm as a child? If not, how do you write and how did you get into writing this book (series)?

So, are you a natural-born-writer and were you a bookworm as a child?
No, I was not either a natural-born-writer or a bookworm, but the idea of my book came to me in such a destined way, that I knew it had to be me and no-one else who wrote it and told the story as it appeared in my mind, so I taught myself punctuation and grammar by reading as many other books (other than Harry Potter) as possible and studying up on punctuation and grammar books and using my own initiative. Therefore my writing style is quite loose and unique to me. I write spontaneously and from the heart and straight from the imagination (mine is quite extraordinarily huge and full of bizarre twists and turns, almost exactly like a child’s).

Where would you like people to connect with you online?
My Facebook page or my website.

Sophie, thanks for stopping by today!

Sophie's book The Story of Jason Griffin is now available.


No comments:

Post a Comment