Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Redemption

Imagine a cute little squirrel with big, round eyes and a fluffy tail. She's a girl squirrel, so give her pretty eyelashes, too. Now watch the squirrel hop into a barrel of acorns. She eats and eats until the proverbial barrel is empty. There she sits sad and remorseful at the bottom of her empty barrel. What does she do, but look up from the darkness to the light of the bright, blue sky.

Yep, I'm the squirrel and my redemption story is a classic tale. God allowed me in my gluttonous zeal to consume every last ounce of self-fulfillment until the barrel of my life was empty. Then, in His kindness, God did not give me anymore ME. Instead He gave me mercy. He called me and I looked up to the Light.

I surrendered and He redeemed me!

Are you depleted yet?

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment