Friday, February 20, 2015

Author Interview Series: Writers’ Quirks Featuring Franky A. Brown

Today, I'm interviewing Franky A. Brown, author of Julia the Secret Blogger.

Thanks for joining us for a few quirky questions, Franky!

Have you ever fallen in love with one of your characters?  
No, but I really enjoyed my characters. I developed them in my first book, Julia the Secret Keeper and in the sequel, Secret Blogger, I felt like I knew them so well, I could imagine what they would say if they were in the room with me.

What is the best place for dreaming up your storylines? 
Somewhere quiet. It would be the beach if I could go there more often, but story possibilities come to
me anywhere and everywhere.

What is your favorite snack while writing? 
Peanut M&Ms

How do you feel about pen names? 
I like pen names. It doesn’t feel like a pen name to me, but I use my maiden name for my books. It feels more like I’m using my “real” name because it’s the name I was born with.

What is the most not-true-to-self writing or marketing idea you’ve considered (or done!)? 
I’ve tried to write poetry, but it’s really not my strong point…at all.

How are your books different than the millions of other books? 
My main character, Julia, deals with a variety of challenges, most of them surrounding the crazy secrets they ask her to keep. One of her challenges is dealing with Celiac Disease (Gluten Intolerance). She learns how to navigate the gluten-free world and I don’t know of another book that has a main character who is challenged by this. Her family isn’t very supportive and just see her as their secret keeper. While I hope this book does help spread awareness for Celiac Disease, it’s filled with humor, a little romance and a Southern family who has a tendency to keep secrets from each other. It’s a very fun and crazy combination.

What one question has no one asked you about your book/character/writing life that you wish they would?  
Julia the Secret Blogger is dedicated to “My Secret Keeper”. No one has asked who that is.

So, who is your secret keeper?
I’m married to him.

Where would you like people to connect with you online? 
My facebook page or my website.

Franky, thanks for stopping by!

Franky's book Julia the Secret Keeper is available now.


Feel free to leave a comment or question for Franky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment