Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Superhero Parenting

Yesterday afternoon in the car my three year old was displeased with the overcast sky and asked, "Mommy, would you turn that light on, please?"

I looked at the dashboard searching for the light she referred to and responded, "What light, Sweetie?"

Pointing up through the back window she said, "The one up dare."

"The sun?!" I asked in astonishment.

"Yeah, that one!"

I chuckled at the abilities my child endows me with and said, "I cannot control the sun, but thank you for thinking I'm that powerful."

She is at such a sweet age. She has so much faith in her Daddy and I that she doesn't even question the supernatural power she believes we possess. We'll be sure to use those powers for good.

No, I can't control the sun or the sky or the boy who was mean to her on the playground. But, I can control myself and never yell at her or belittle her or shun her. Yes, I will use my powers for good and not evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment